Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year? (Part 2)

Last night I had to watch my beloved Hoos get crushed by Auburn, but I am happy to say that the rest of the evening was not nearly so disappointing. I know what you're thinking -- UVA? Win again Cam Newton's old team? But seriously, y'all, I thought we had a chance. I'm going to stop here and take a breath (...........................) so that I don't launch into an angry diatribe about the state of UVA Football's Special Teams and the fact that the kicker needs to GO PLAY SOCCER OR SOMETHING. Another breath (.......................) ahhhh and we are zen. As long as I don't think about it too much.

The rest of my evening was spent playing with my little Bugaboo, eating chili, and beating the pants off of my husband at Canasta (yes I know... we are 80 years old) (and no not *literally* beat the pants off... we were at his parents' house... dangit). Little Parker spent the night with his Mimi and Poppy, so we rushed home as soon as the game was over to pull our Prosecco out of the refrigerator and toast to the New Year!

And speaking of the Prosecco, here is the review I promised you:

Winery: Beviamo
Wine Name: Extra Dry Prosecco
Varietal: 100% Prosecco 
Region: Veneto, Italy
Price: $12


Their Description: "This refreshing sparkling delight has flavors of green apples and juicy peaches with just a touch of crisp acidity."
My Description:  Green Apple? Yes. Peach? Not so much. And that "touch of crisp acidity" was more like a weird bitterness that you can't quite place (aka "Did I get all of the foil off?" is not a good question to be asking yourself in the middle of your second sip). However, it was not that expensive, and it was New Year's, and I can't help but love wines that sparkle. I think it's just my own fault for acquiring a taste for Veuve-Clicquot in college and not being able to keep up the expensive habit in real life. So really I will never be in looooove with a sparkling wine unless it is legitimate Champagne. Like, from Champagne. I know, I know, I'm getting down off my soapbox. Again. 

Also, since we're talking about Veuve-Clicquot, please, for the love of your mama, read this book:

Serving Suggestion: Read cover-to-cover with a glass in hand.
Alright, y'all, that's enough from me. I hope each of you had a wonderful New Year's Eve, wherever in the world you chose to spend it. And I hope your 2012 is absolutely fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment