Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year? (Part 1)

Last day of 2011 and what am I doing? Laundry.

On the upside, in between loads I am currently watching one of my favorite movies of all time (no not The Sound of Music) (no not White Christmas) (no not 500 Days of Summer): Julie and Julia.  If you have not seen this movie, you need to watch it, stat. Not that I'm advocating illegally streaming movies over the internet, but if that's what you need to do to watch it....

The Lobster Thermidor Scene :) 
Favorite Quotes:


Julie to her husband:  "You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure, and when I say nothing, I mean nothing, you can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. That's such a comfort." 


Paul Child to Julia:  "You are the butter to my bread and the breath to my life. I love you darling girl."

And that familiar dingdingding means my clothes are dry, so I'm off to fold before the wrinkles set in. Hope you all are having a great last day of 2011.

P.S. Bought some Prosecco for the festivities tonight -- I really wanted Clicquot (of course), but I am a girl on a budget! Also I absolutely refuse to buy "California Champagne." Get it right people -- if it doesn't come from Champagne it is just sparkling wine, no matter what the label may say. Ok #rantover. Wine review to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment